Activating Inventory from a Previous Sale
Items that you entered into your inventory page for a previous sale that were not sold or donated or deleted by you will appear in an INACTIVE list that you can access by logging into your consignor home page. Inactive inventory will remain in your account as inactive for up to 24 months, and then the system will automatically delete it during data maintenance.
In order to bring items from a past sale to the upcoming sale, you will need to mark those INACTIVE items as ACTIVE. From the Consignor Homepage choose
- Work With Consigned Inventory
- Work with Items
- Work with Inactive Inventory.
- Place a checkmark beside the items that you want to make ACTIVE, and click the Activate button.
- Those items are immediately marked as active and will begin appearing on the Work With Items screen, where they can be edited if you want to change any information.
ANY ITEMS THAT ARE ACTIVATED FROM A PREVIOUS SALE WILL NEED TO HAVE NEW TAGS PRINTED OR NEW RE-SORT STICKERS ADDED TO OLD TAGS.
Why is my Re-sort Number Important?
You are assigned a re-sort number each time you participate in a sale. While your consignor number stays the same from sale to sale, re-sort numbers are likely to change each sale but are just as important to know as your consignor number if you plan on picking up items after the sale. Your consignor number is how you get paid and your re-sort number is how you get back unsold items! Your re-sort number is listed on your consignor homepage and will automatically print on your barcode tags in the bottom right corner.
Since your re-sort number will most likely change from sale to sale, you MUST make sure that all of your tags have the correct number. This means you will need to print new tags for old items after you activate them or if you prefer not to replace the tags, you can print re-sort number stickers to place on top of the old re-sort number on tags from a previous sale.
If you do not do this, items with an old re-sort number will not be sorted with your items at pick-up so you may not get everything back after the sale.
If you are DONATING ALL ITEMS, your re-sort number will not be used and you do not need to print new re-sort stickers for your tags.
Printing Re-sort Number Stickers
If you choose not to reprint new tags for old inventory, you can print re-sort number stickers to place over the old re-sort number on your barcode tags from a previous sale.
To print re-sort number stickers
- Go to your Consignor Homepage
- Find “Assigned Re-sort Number”
- Click Print Stickers
- Stickers can be printed on Avery template 8167 Labels to place over old re-sort numbers. (These are return address stickers, 1/2″ x 1 3/4 inches. There are 80 stickers per page and they should be available at any office supply store.
We do not allow any handwritten changes on tags, so marking through an old number and rewriting the new re-sort number will not be permitted. (This policy is in place to protect consignors from theft by preventing customers from writing on tags, changing prices, donations, etc. Thanks for understanding.)