Register to Volunteer
By signing up for a work shift at My Sister’s House Consignment Sale you are accepting the terms and conditions of this agreement. You will be asked to sign this agreement prior to signing up for a work shift. Please understand that these guidelines are in place to help make our sale run smoothly. If you have multiple consignor numbers, you can sign up for volunteer hours to earn a higher percentage of sales for each number. Your volunteer hours cannot be applied to all numbers under your name of family’s name unless you work additional hours for separate numbers.
Consignor Fee Hours Worked Percentage of Sales Full/Half-Price Presale Shopping Times
$10 6 hours 65% 5 PM/ 7:30 PM
$5 12 hours 65% 4 PM/ 7 PM
Waived 18 hours 70% 3 PM/ 6:30 PM
Waived 24 hours 70% 2 PM/ 6 PM
- I will arrive on time and stay during my entire work shift without leaving the building in order to reap the benefits of volunteering and not be penalized.
- I understand that as a volunteer I am representing My Sister’s House and agree to treat customers, consignors, and other volunteers with respect and kindness. I agree not to be on my phone for extended periods of time and to exemplify good customer service during my shift.
- I understand that I may not bring children with me to work. (Please note, if you are a nursing mom, you are welcome to pump during your shift or have your baby brought to you during your shift so that you can nurse during your break.)
- We do allow volunteers to eat lunch or a snack during their shift but cannot leave the premises. You can have a meal brought to you or you make bring a sack lunch. We have a refrigerator on site that you are free to use.
SHIFT CANCELATION POLICIES
Volunteers can log in to their consignor homepage to cancel a work shift or switch to a different shift until the deadline, which falls a few days before the first volunteer shift begins. After the deadline, volunteers have the following options if they are unable to make their shifts:
- Find a suitable replacement (friend, husband, parent) to work the shift on your behalf. In this case, the volunteer will receive their full earnings percentage and will receive no penalties toward volunteering for future sales. Please email and let us know who will be covering your shift.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to switch to a different available shift. Shift availability may be limited. If a volunteer contacts us in advance, reschedules and fulfills their new shift time, the worker will receive their full earnings percentage and will receive no penalties toward volunteering for future sales.
- If a volunteer is sick (throwing up, running a fever, CANNOT work), it is still their responsibility to get a replacement. If a worker cannot find a replacement, they will still owe us a 6 hour block of time either later in the sale or after the sale. If this shift is not fulfilled, the volunteer will receive a penalty. PLEASE CONTACT US AS SOON AS POSSIBLE IF YOU ARE UNABLE TO WORK YOUR SHIFT DUE TO ILLNESS.
- I understand that if I do not show up or am later than 15 minutes, the percentage of my consigned items will be deducted by 30%. (If an emergency situation arises, please email us and we will take that into consideration.)
- I understand that if sign up for a BARTER shift and remove my name from that shift within less than 3 days prior to the shift, 30% will also be deducted from my consignor percentage and you will be blocked from volunteering at future sales. (If an emergency situation arises, please email us and we will take that into consideration.)
- I understand that I will be blocked from volunteering at future My Sister’s House consignment sales.