Item Entry Deadline
Any items that are not entered by this time by the deadline below will not be included in the sale.
FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 3rd at MIDNIGHT.
So, you’ve decided to consign and you’re ready to get started. Go through your house and your closets and let the de-cluttering begin! Choose the best of what you don’t use or need anymore to put in the sale.
1. Gather the items you would like to sell.
2. Prepare them according to these instructions.
3. Arrange them in groups according to categories: clothing (size, style); jewelry; accessories; shoes; furniture; home décor.
4. Log in to your Consignor Homepage.
5. Click on “Work with Consigned Inventory” under Activities on your Consignor Homepage.
6. Click on “Work With My Consigned Items (Active Inventory).”
7. This is the screen you will use to enter your inventory. Click on the “Category” drop down menu to select a category for your item.
You will need to categorize your own clothes as you enter your items. From the Category drop down menu you will select the style (Juniors, Misses, Maternity, Mens, etc.) and type of item (shirt, pants, dress, suit, etc.) See the explanation below to help you determine what style you should select for your items:
Misses: Trendy and classic styles
Juniors: Tween and Teen sizes (sizes 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, etc.) If your pants are odd numbered sizes, categorize them as Juniors. If they are even numbers: 2, 4, 6, 8… please categorize them as Misses.
Petite: All sizes & styles of petite clothing
Plus: All styles, sizes 20 and up
Maternity: All sizes & styles of maternity clothing
Formals: All sizes & styles of formalwear
Boutique: All sizes & styles of expensive, name-brand clothing, purses, and jewelry priced $50 or more (except formals)
Vintage: All sizes & styles vintage clothing from the 80’s and earlier
Mens: All sizes & styles of menswear.
8. Click on the “Size” scroll down menu to select a size if the item is clothing, shoes, or bedding. If no size is needed, select ” — “
9. Type in a simple item description on “Description Line 1.” You might want to include name brand, style, or color in your description. Ex: “J.Crew brown tweed trousers.” (This description is very important if the item loses a tag because it allows us to do a search which helps us locate the appropriate tag and get the item back on the floor to be sold. Items with missing tags cannot be sold, so it only helps you as a consignor to be as descriptive as possible.)
10. If more description or explanation is needed, you may use “Description Line 2.”
11. Enter a price.
Price your items to sell. We recommend 60-75% off the retail price. Remember, the better the price, the more likely it will sell. They must be a minimum of $2.00 and only in whole dollar increments (no $2.50 or $2.99).
12. Leave the quantity box at the default setting of unless 1 you have several identical items in the sale and want the same tag for each item. (For dish & glassware sets of more than 4, you will need two identical tags. You can click 2 in the quantity box for these tags.)
13. Click the “Check to Discount” and “Check to Donate” boxes if you choose.
Half-Off Sale & Donations
You have the option to sell your items at half-off during the sale. If you would like your item sold for half-price, click the “Check to Discount” box. You can also click “Mark all as Discountable” to make all of your inventory available for the half-off sale.
You can also choose to donate your unsold items to our partner charities. You can also click “Mark all as Donatable” to make all of your inventory available for donation. (Once again this sale, items marked to Donate will automatically be marked as half-price during the half-price sale in an effort to give you a chance to make some money from your items before they are donated.) Items that will not go half-price will still be included in the sale once the half-price sale begins, but will only be sold at full price.
14. Click “Submit Item.” You can go back and continue working on your inventory at any time.
15. When your inventory is complete and you are satisfied, print and attach your barcode tags. Click here for more on printing tags and attaching tags.
16. At any time you can view or print an inventory report of what you have entered so far from the Consignor Item Entry page.
17. During the sale, you will be able to view your sold items and see an estimate of your earnings from the Consignor Item Entry page.