New This Sale
WE’VE ADDED A SECOND PRE-SALE DAY TO ACCOMMODATE MORE SHOPPERS!
Volunteers & Consignors
Pre-Sale will take place on Tuesday, March 21st. Volunteers will be staggered from 2-5 PM based on hours worked and consignors will shop at 6 PM.
Guests (with a Pass), Military, University & Teachers (with valid ID)
Wednesday, March 22nd, guests with a pass will shop at 5 PM. Military, university & teachers (with ID) can shop the pre-sale at 6 PM.
NEW Public Pre-Sale With Entrance Fee
We are now offering a $5 pay-at-the-door pre-sale option for the general public on Wednesday, March 22nd at 7 PM and a public Half-Price Pre-Sale for $2 on Saturday, March 25th at 8:30 PM. Shop the Pre-Sales and all entrance fees will go to Pro2G, a local & international nonprofit working with Abilene refugee children sharing the gospel through discipleship, and play, as well as youth and family camps in Costa Rica and supporting local churches in Kenya.
We have adjusted our schedule to accommodate two pre-sale days. Please take a look and mark your calendars for our upcoming sale dates and times. Click here for the complete calendar. (Our Half-Price Pre-Sale on Saturday will remain the same.)
PERSONALIZED SHOPPING EXPERIENCE WITH STYLISTS
We are excited to launch a new personalized shopping experience this sale! If you love the idea of shopping My Sister’s House but are overwhelmed by the number of options to choose from and need some direction putting outfits together, this service is for you! Discover what makes you look and feel great with the help of our personal stylists. Here’s how it works:
- Make a reservation for one of 24 spots on Wednesday, March 22nd from 12:30-1:30 PM, 2-3 PM or 3:30-4:30 PM.
- Up to 8 shoppers will be scheduled per hour with 4-5 stylists on hand to assist you. You are welcome to stay and continue shopping after your hour is up, but our stylists will be assisting other shoppers at that time.
- Stylists will be available to assist with your fashion questions and help you find the right pieces for your style, size and budget!
- Browse hand-selected racks with our stylists’ “favorite finds” of the sale.
- Enjoy a glass of wine while you shop and try on clothes with no lines or crowds AND get the opportunity to shop before the public! (Consignors will have the opportunity to shop the night before. If you are a consignor and you would like to sign up to shop with a stylist, you are welcome to come to both.)
- The cost for this personalized shopping experience is $25.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to make your reservation or to answer any questions you might have.
CONSIGNORS PAID THROUGH PAYPAL
This spring, consignor payment will be sent through PayPal within 10 business days after pick-up day. Money will be sent to the email address that you have entered in your inventory page and confirmed at consingor check-in. If you choose not to accept your payment through PayPal, we will be happy to mail you a check after PayPal returns your payment to us 30 days after payments are made. There will be a $2.00 processing fee deducted for mailed checks.
Remember these updates from previous sales
FURNITURE ONLY AT SECOND DROP-OFF
Due to the amount of items we had leftover after the sale, we will only allow furniture to be brought in for second drop-off. We will no longer be accepting clothing, shoes, home decor and jewelry at second drop-off.
PANT HANGERS AT DROP-OFF
We will no longer have pant hangers available for pick up at our homes prior to the sale. Pant hangers will be available at the Display Building during Drop-Off on a first come, first served basis. Consignors will need to come about 15 minutes prior to your scheduled Drop-Off time in order to use our pant hangers. Please have your items pressed, tagged and ready to be hung. You can select your pant hangers and hang items before your Drop-Off time. We will send out an email when all pant hangers are gone. Sign up for an earlier drop-off time if you want to ensure that you will be able to get pant hangers. We have hundreds but when they’re gone, they’re gone!
NEW PAGE EXPLAINING RE-SORT NUMBERS
We have added a new page to our website which details how to activate inventory from a previous sale, why your re-sort number is important, and how to print re-sort number stickers if you have old inventory to bring to a new sale. The page can be found under the CONSIGN tab or you can click the link here to read more.
LARGE ITEM TAGS
We have a two piece tag that will allow a shopper to take the bottom portion of the tag to the check-out and leave the top portion attached to the item. If you are bringing a large item (one that cannot be carried: complete set of dishes, furniture, large art or mirror, you may bring your printed tag with the barcode to drop-off and we will attach it to the item for you with our new tear tags.)
TAGGING DISH SETS
We have changed our method of tagging dish and glass sets of more than 4. Here is our general rule which will help you as you prepare your dishes for the sale:
1. Stemware, glass and dish sets of 4 can be tied or grouped together with one tag which clearly states “SET OF 4″
2. We do not accept dishes or glasses that are not a part of a set of 4 or more UNLESS they are serving platters or pitchers.
3. Stemware, glass and dish sets of more than 4 need to come in a box with two identical tags. Be sure they have the same item number. (Only enter the item into your inventory once.) One tag will be attached to the box. The second tag needs to be attached to a display set which should include one of each piece in the set. Please clearly list in the description the number of total pieces. You may also hand write a note card listing how many of each item is included in the set. (For example: 8 dinner plates, 8 salad plates, 8 bowls, 8 saucers, 8 tea cups, 1 serving platter, 1 serving bowl, 1 pitcher.) When you come to drop-off, have one tag taped to the box and have your display piece or set out of the box and ready to be set out with the second tag attached. We will still inspect all of the items but will not have time to attach your tags for you. (If most of the set is in mint condition but a few pieces are lightly chipped, please make note of that on the note card as well.)
PENALTY FOR ITEMS NOT PICKED UP
We have instituted a new rule for consignors who choose not to donate their unsold items. If you have items left at pick-up which you do not come get after the sale, we will charge a $20 processing fee which will be deducted from your consignor check. This may sound harsh but we have limited time and the sorting process takes hours and hours for our team of volunteers. Many consignors have not taken the time to check donate on their tags and assume items left after pick-up will be donated either way. If you do not plan on picking your items up after the sale, it is simple to check the box “Mark all as Donatable” before you print your tags. If you only wish to pick up a few items, you can check “Mark all as Donatable” and then uncheck those individual items you wish to pick up. Last sale, we had 8 racks of items and multiple tables that were not marked as donate and did not get picked up. We want to honor our volunteers and their time by making sure that items sorted will in fact be picked up after the sale. You can always send someone to pick up for you if you cannot make it during the assigned pick-up time. Thank you for understanding.
LAMPS WITH LIGHT BULBS
If you are bringing a lamp to drop-off, we are now requiring that you bring it with a working light bulb already in it. This saves us time making sure it works and allows us to display it lit up.