You will price and tag all your own items using the online inventory system which can be accessed through your Consignor Homepage.
- large safety pins & clothespins
- wire hangers, tubular plastic hangers (especially those with notches for tank tops or spaghetti straps), or felt hangers all work well for hanging different types of garments.
- pant hangers: (We have hundreds available for our consignors on a first come, first served basis and will be available at the Display Building prior to your Drop-Off appointment.)
- heavy white cardstock paper 65 lb. or higher. (Found at Walmart or office supply store. Do not use designer or slick cardstock.)
- packaging and/or masking tape
- zip ties or twine
- large ziplock bags
- light bulbs for lamps
- boxes for dish or glass sets of more than 4
Tips for Clothing
Watch this short video for a few tips on the best ways to hang and tag your clothing for the sale. (One change from when the video was filmed: Pant hangers will no longer be available a few weeks prior to the sale. They will now be available at Drop-Off on a first come, first served basis. Plan on coming to Drop-Off about 15 minutes prior to your scheduled drop-off time to get pants and skirts hung. We will send out an email when all pant hangers are gone. Sign up for an earlier drop-off time if you want to ensure that you will be able to get pant hangers. We have hundreds but when they’re gone, they’re gone!)
- Make sure clothing is clean and pressed.
- Secure all buttons, snaps, and zippers.
- Hang clothes on hangers with the hook facing left like a question mark.
- Pin shirts, sweaters, dresses and suits to the hanger if there’s a chance it might get pulled off and end up on the floor during shopping. Please do the tug test. If it falls off the hanger when tugged slightly, you will need to pin it. (For camisoles, you may use tubular plastic hangers with a notch in the top so that the strap does not slide off. Choosing the right hanger for the right garment will help keep your clothes off the floor which will help them sell! Please do not pin clothing that is delicate. You can use a felt hanger or notched hanger to keep a garment securely on the hanger if safety pins would cause damage to the garment.)
- Pants, shorts & skirts MUST be hung on pant hangers with clasps. (We will have some available for our consignors at drop-off. Please plan on arriving about 15 minutes prior to your drop-off time to get your pants, skirts, and shorts on hangers.)
- Shoes must be secured with zip ties, string, clothespins, or safety pins. Be sure the tag is attached securely to the shoe either with clear packaging tape to the bottom or safety pinned to the shoe.
- Belts, scarves, bags, purses, and hats should be brought in without a hanger. We will inspect purses/wallets/keychains like Louis Vuitton, Coach, Gucci, etc. for authenticity.
- Clothes that smell like cigarette smoke or have pet hair or stains will not be accepted.
- Rings and bracelets can be brought and displayed individually or tied with twine to be sold together as a set.
- Earrings and cuff links can be pushed through the top of the tag and taped on the back to secure.
- Do not cover the barcode with earrings or tape.
- Necklaces sell better when the tag is attached directly to the necklace and it can be hung to display.
- Watches must have working batteries.
- Please do not place jewelry in bags as it does not sell well & is difficult to display.
Tips for Home Goods
- Linens and curtains can be hung over a hanger and pinned or tied with heavy string.
- Bedding can be displayed in the original bag or tied together with heavy string or twine. (Just make sure none of the pieces of a bedding set can fall out.)
- Please make sure decorative clocks have batteries and are working.
- Bring lamps with working light bulbs already in them. (We will be checking to see that they work.)
- If there are several pieces in a set, make sure you attach them together with tape, string, or put all pieces in a large clear ziplock bag.
- Aprons should be pressed and do not need to be on hangers.
- Placemat and napkin sets should have at least 4 to a set and be tied together with heavy string or pinned.
- Handcrafted pieces created by consignors may be limited due to space. Because of the nature of our sale, we want to make sure we have plenty of shelf space primarily for our consignors’ individual items. Please email us if you have items you’ve made that you would like to sell.
- Here is our general rule which will help you as you prepare your dishes for the sale:
- Stemware, glass and dish sets of 4 can be tied or grouped together with one tag which clearly states “SET OF 4″
- We do not accept dishes or glasses that are not a part of a set of 4 or more UNLESS they are serving platters or pitchers.
- Stemware, glass and dish sets of more than 4 need to come in a box with two identical tags. Be sure they have the same item number. (Only enter the item into your inventory once.) One tag will be attached to the box. The second tag needs to be attached to a display set which should include one of each piece in the set. Please clearly list in the description the number of total pieces. You may also hand write a note card listing how many of each item is included in the set. (For example: 8 dinner plates, 8 salad plates, 8 bowls, 8 saucers, 8 tea cups, 1 serving platter, 1 serving bowl, 1 pitcher.) When you come to drop-off, have one tag taped to the box and have your display piece or set out of the box and ready to be set out with the second tag attached. We will still inspect all of the items but will not have time to attach your tags for you. (If most of the set is in mint condition but a few pieces are lightly chipped, please make note of that on the notecard as well.)
Also, if you have had items in at least 2 prior sales and they have not sold, please considerably reduce the price. Again, we want to help you make money and we are limited on space. You may still reactivate items that have been in a previous sale by clicking on “Work With Inactive Inventory” through your Consignor homepage, selecting the items, and clicking “Make SELECTED Inventory ACTIVE For Upcoming Sale.” Once you have done this, you will need to print a new tag for the item to be included in this sale.